October 13, 2021
Hello everyone! We're coming to you a little later this week! We hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving weekend and were able to spend some time with your loved ones. If you missed the service on Sunday, you can watch it HERE!
We want EVERYONE to come to church and are requesting that you continue to register. Please click HERE to let us know if you'll be attending this week. And as a friendly reminder, the PHO recommends that anyone in an ‘at risk’ sector of society carefully consider if attending is a good option at this time.
- It's THAT time of year again! We will be holding our Candyland Carnival on October 31st – 3 to 5pm in the church parking lot! We will have lots of games set up under tents but we need volunteers to make it happen! From set up, to manning games, to clean up, please let me know what area you can help with. We also need candy – lots and lots of candy! So if you can donate a box we would greatly appreciate it. Contact Pastor Anna if you have any questions or want to volunteer your time!
- Bakers Needed! We are still looking for help with our Baking Brigade ministry to Robertson Elementary School. Our church supplies homemade cookies, bars, and muffins to students. Please contact email@example.com or 604-845-4725 to learn more.
Vibrancy, purpose, intimacy, challenge – growing deep with God is a beautiful part of the Christian life, and engaging in good, Christian spiritual activity is one of the ways that God draws us deeper.
- Stuck between Sundays? Looking for a spark to help you engage with God? Join Pastor Holly for Engage: Between Sundays... an opportunity to look at engaging with God in a variety of spiritual disciplines. This time is designed to enter in or dive deeper in the transformative work He is doing in our lives. Check Facebook and the website at 7pm Wednesday evenings, you are welcome to join me! Feel free to connect with me to chat further. I would love to hear what God is up to in your life.
- Looking to check out Peru and our ministry partnership without having to leave home? Check out our Ascent to Abancay, a Virtual Missions Trip to Peru! Join us November 1 - 5, 2021, twice a day, to take part in engaging with our Peruvian partners and those who work closely alongside them. Registration deadline is October 24th. Please click HERE for more info!
- Journey 101 is an online, six week introductory course running Tuesday's from October 26 - November 30, 2021, from 6 - 8 pm. This online course provides great accessibility to people and is for anyone, particularly those wanting to explore a deeper connection to God and others. Please click HERE to learn more about the ministry of Journey. To register please email Melody Froc at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At CAC, we seek to provide Engagement opportunities for each one of us, and right now, we have brilliant opportunities to both Grow Deep AND Reach Wide in Children’s, Integration, and Youth ministries. Servanthood is a wonderful act of worship. Seeing God work in you, through you, and around you is a rich blessing. To find out more about our volunteering opportunities, please contact Pastor Anna here, Pastor Noel here, or Pastor Joe here.
If you’ve been away for a while or you’re new, we want to make it easy for you to take NEXT STEPS in engaging in the life and rhythm of CAC. We believe that people grow deep with Jesus by being encircled by others who are about Jesus.
- We would love to help you find a small group that’s a good fit for you. Email Pastor Noel at email@example.com to get started!
- If you’re new or looking to meet new people, we want 30 minutes of your time to explore what a next step can look like for you through connection and story. NEXT starts right after the Service on Sunday October 24th at the Hub (Welcome Centre). No need to sign up. Just come and see! For more info, email Pastor Noel: firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that true spiritual life involves a personal encounter with God – to come to believe that He exists. From there we realize that we need a personal encounter with Jesus Christ, who by his death and resurrection has dealt with our fatal sin problem. Then we realize that living the daily Christian life requires an ongoing encounter with the Holy Spirit inside of us.
- If you would like to automatically receive Pastor Leon’s weekly blog in your email, simply give us your name and email address and we will make sure that happens. Just let Debbie know at email@example.com.
- Make plans to be at the Encounter evening on Sunday, October 17 at 7pm. We will start with community time and then move to worship, testimony and prayer. This is a time to be transparent and earnest with God – to invite him to do something fresh in us.
- Click HERE to access the Encounter page where you will find Pastor Leon's Blog, and the Encounter Podcasts.
A few other things:
- Our son is now married! We are so thankful for the many kind words, thoughts, and prayers from our congregation for our family during this special time. Terrell and Christina were married on October 9th at Southridge Fellowship Baptist Church in Langley. It was a very beautiful and special day for everyone involved. If you wish, we are glad to show you some pictures! ~ Pastor Greg & Jennifer Zacharias
- OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD is almost here! Thank you so much to our church family as we participate in packing shoeboxes again this year. There are a few ladies that would like to put kits together ahead of time and are working very hard but need extra help in finding materials for the boxes. If you are able, it would be great if you can help us out. Things that are needed: Craft Supplies: beads, crayons, erasers, glue sticks, paper, construction paper, pencil sharpeners, pencil crayons, pencils, pens, scissors (small not large), stickers. Hygiene Items: comb, facecloth, hair brush (small), bar soap, toothbrushes. Extras: small stuffies, small puzzles, games.
- Click HERE to see our latest pastoral video update.
- Click HERE to see video updates from our elders.
- Remember to be checking the Website, Facebook, and the Church App for up-to-date info on what is going on around here.
If you cannot join us for our service in person, we welcome you to join our live stream every Sunday morning at 10 AM.
Premiering at 10am Sunday mornings, and available anytime after that on:
Website | Facebook | YouTube
Children’s church is available (in person!!) on Sunday mornings at 10 AM. You can also participate through our Website and Facebook. Please email Anna at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We will continue to Grow Deep and Reach Wide through virtual and in-person services as we are able.
We hope you have a wonderful week.
~ Your Church Staff